Monday, February 16, 2015

Ender's Game

By Orson Scott Card

Andrew "Ender" Wiggins is the middle of three children in a time where the earth is at war with an alien-bug-like race. Started in 1977, completed in 1985, and adapted into a motion picture in 2014. Ender's Game is pure brilliance. Fitting in with many of the popular themes of today, it's the distant future, and it's up to children to save the human race. Ender is the only child to be chosen of his siblings because of his brother's hot head and his sisters overly good heart. Ender is a happy medium which turns out to be perfect for the military, who take him to space to train to defeat the "Buggers" In this audiobook you follow Ender's training and several mishaps up until you see several unexpected turnings and endings. All the while back on earth, his siblings team up to start a war of their own!

I recommend this audiobook very highly. I enjoyed every chapter and the interview with the author at the end was really interesting. I did not know much about this story until I saw the movie which I also liked a lot, the book and movie translation are as accurate as you can expect from Hollywood! There are books that come after Ender's Game, but I'm not sure I will get to them. Ender's Game was pretty great as is. If or when I do, I will update this review. I am told that much like the Hannibal Lector series, you can listen to these audiobooks in just about any order that you want.

Series Listing:
Ender's Game
Speaker for the Dead
Xenocide
Children of the Mind
Ender's Shadow
Shadow of the Hegemon
Shadow Puppets
Shadow of the Giant

Ages 12 & Up

 4/5 Stars 


Genre: Fiction, Science Fiction, Speculative Fiction


Book to Movie Grade: A-

No comments :

Post a Comment