Monday, July 27, 2015

Breakfast of Champions

By Kurt Vonnegut

Breakfast of Champions was suggested to me by a friend who really liked the book, so I gave it a try so that I could pass the recommendation on to you. Admittedly I did not pay as close attention to this audiobook as I have others in the past so I had to Wiki reference afterwards to summarize what I listened to and it brought it all into prospective.

So the book is basically about some authors, one auther writes Syfy. He writes a book about humans being programmed like robots. One of this readers gets ahold of his book and takes it for truth. This takes them on a journey in which they meet and the author has to find a way to correct and set straight the misinformed reader. That is as vague as possible so to not spoil it as little as possible.

The thing that I enjoyed most about this book was just random rid bits about people and places. They are odd and a little humorous. What I did not enjoy so much as the use of the N word, which in this day in age shocks me like using the name Voldemort. It was written in the 70's and the story was placed shortly after the time of slavery.

I would recommend Vonnegut if you too have heard good things, and are able to pay attention to adult fiction. I had a hard time with it at work because I do best with a fast pasted audiobooks more geared for young adults, or a non-fiction self-help type. This book received 4-5 stars on most audio book sales websites such as Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

 3/5 Stars 

Runtime: 5 hours 40 minutes.

Genre: Fiction, Science Fiction, Humor, American Literature, Classics




No comments :

Post a Comment