Tuesday, May 9, 2017

American Gods

By Neil Gaiman

With a Star's television series on our doorstep, American Gods seemed like a must-listen for me. Throughout the entire book start to finish, I was never sure what was happening or what was going to happen. That was a good thing and a bad thing.

Here is what wikipedia had to stay as far as the synopsis:

"American Gods is a Hugo and Nebula Award-winning novel by English author Neil Gaiman. The novel is a blend of Americana, fantasy, and various strands of ancient and modern mythology, all centering on the mysterious and taciturn Shadow" I could not have summed it up any better.

So yeah, Shadow is the main character, he gets out of prison and gets deeper and deeper in with some very strange people who turn out to be much more than just a person.

What really drew me in was the fantasy side, but more so that it begins where I grew up in the "Northwoods" of Northern Wisconsin, Rhinelander to be very specific, then surprisingly ends where I live now in Chattanooga, TN.

The book is very slow, but does get better overtime. I am not sure what other book I could compare this to. The narrator was excellent and maybe the saving grace of the book. The Dresden Files is a much better version of this book, I suppose. I am however, still looking forward to the tv series.

If nothing I have said to this point was piqued your interested then listen no farther. Go check out one of my other reviews and see if there is something more interesting. Come back to this one later on when you run out of ideas, or I have nothing left to suggest. 

Leave a comment and let me know what you thought of the audiobook.

"Way over rated"

 2/5 Stars
Play time apprx 19.5 hours
Suitable for Ages 17-35

No comments :

Post a Comment