Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Podcasts

Recently I have found myself with a lack of interest in listening to both new or old audiobooks (audiobooks I've already adventured through). I have a lot of friends and co-workers who listen to-- or exclusively listen to weekly and bi-weekly podcasts, and I'm just now beginning to understand why. This post will be an effort to not stray from my original intentions, please check back often, and bookmark "Audiobooks at Work"

I will list the most interesting audiobooks that I have really caught-onto recently. The main goal of my blog/site is to help readers entertain themselves at work or in the downtimes. I don't get much feedback from you all, I would love to hear from you all on your audiobook and podcast recommendations. I have written a few podcast recommendations in the past, but will make this thread my main resource for Podcasts that I find outstanding.

Serial-  I reviewed this blog in an earlier post, please read it. I wrote it long before season 2 was released. I found it extraordinary. Season 2 on the other hand was interesting by no where near the level of intrigue as the original series. Season 1 is about Adnan Sayed, did he or didn't he kill his X-Gf while they were in High School? Season 2 is about Beau Bergdahl is he or isn't he guilty? Should he or shouldn't he be punished more, for leaving his Military post?

Lore- When I tell my friends about how great Lore is, it isn't easy to convey how great it is.. It just sounds like every other "ghost story" There is something about this podcast that goes beyond the status quo. The narrator and author is great, as well as the background music. Lore is a series of different mythical/Lore stories from around the world. For example: Goblin Lore from Ireland, Ghost Stories from Massachusetts , Vampire Stories from Romania, etc. These stories are fascinating. It is a mix of History, Fiction, Truth, and Lore, what the people of various countries believe. Often time Lore from around the world is all somewhat connected. I love this series!

Explained- This series is a pleasant "rip-off" of Lore, even though I don't really care to research and find out which podcast was started first. Explained is basically the British version of Lore, I don't think its quite as good, but very close.




No comments :

Post a Comment